During the 4th quarter of 2021, Nasdaq First North-listed Fuud has successfully entered into several strategically important sales agreements, and is also communicating plans to launch a new brand in functional beverages. The Legendz brand targets a group within TV, computer and mobile gaming and will be launched with three flavors in January 2022.
Strategically important sales agreements within several distribution channels are secured for 2022:
- The Homie brand's functional drink Wake Up Synbiotic has been centrally listed at Reitangruppen, which operates Sweden's approximately 390 Pressbyrån and 7-Eleven stores. The drinks will be launched in January 2022 and be sold in all stores.
- The Nathalie’s brand's snack products are listed at Pressbyrån and 7-Eleven from and including week 3 2022 and will thus be able to be purchased from these approximately 390 stores via additional orders.
- Homie’s products within healthy nutrition Good to Go, Level Up, Sharp Up, Dailys and Wake Up Synbiotic will from February 2022 be sold in the health chain Life's all stores in Sweden and e-commerce. The health chain Life has about 150 stores in Sweden.
- In January 2022, the grocery chain Lidl will start selling iQ Fuel drinks at the chain's 220 stores in Sweden.
- The distributor Oriola has listed all Homie’s products within healthy nutrition. Oriola delivers to the pharmacy chains Kronans apotek, Apoteksgruppen and Lloyds apotek, which together have a total of 594 pharmacies in Sweden.
- During the first quarter of 2022, the Swedish store chain Hemmakväll will start selling drinks from the Legendz brand. Hemmakväll has about 65 stores in Sweden.
- Beijing8's central listing at ICA will be broadened from week 3 2022 with sauces.
- During the first quarter of 2022, the Swedish retail chain Direkten will start selling drinks from the Legendz and Homie brands, as well as Nathalie’s snacks and Bezzt of Nature's candy bags. Direkten has about 170 stores in Sweden.
- During the autumn, the Barfly juice brand, which targets bars, restaurants and nightclubs, has initiated cooperation with several important customers in the hotel industry, including Bank Hotell, the Nobis Group and major players in the restaurant world such as Urban Deli, Space and others. Barfly will also be launched in Gothenburg and Malmö during the first quarter of 2022.
- During the first quarter of 2022, several of Fuud's brands will begin to be sold at strategically important wholesalers in Sweden. Among other things, Privab, Varsego, ERT Candy and Out of Home will in early 2022 distribute Fuud's brands Homie, Nathalie’s, Legendz, Bezzt of Nature and iQ Fuel.
About the launch of the Legendz brand
In January 2022, Fuud launches a new beverage brand that targets the large group within gaming. Under the Legendz brand, three drinks will initially be launched. All drinks are caffeine free, sugar-free and taurine-free and will thus be able to be sold without an age limit. Through recognition in product design and game references in marketing, together with ambassador collaborations with selected profiles in gaming on platforms such as TikTok, Twitch, Youtube and Instagram, the products will have great exposure to this growing target group. The gaming market is a global phenomenon with over 2.5 billion active players, a target group that is growing rapidly. Legendz is a brand that players should feel they own, while the brand also stands for healthy gaming. In the age category 11-19 years, over 95% play amusement games, and about 60% do so daily. This age group is also the largest consumer of functional beverages, a market that in Sweden alone has a turnover of more than SEK 3.7 billion annually. The brand will initially be launched in Sweden, Finland and Norway with further internationalization during the latter part of 2022.
Comment from CEO Peter Blom
- It is extremely gratifying that we have secured such a strong distribution in a short time already during the first quarter of 2022. Several of our priority brands reach broad listings with many of Sweden's most important sales channels, which gives us the conditions for good results in our market investments. The response from chains and distributors for our new beverage brand Legendz has been overwhelming and we will already have several of our priority customers secured at launch. All new and existing listings give us good conditions to expand organically. We are strengthening our role in functional foods and will in 2022 achieve a rapid growth increase.
Additional information about Legendz and Fuud's upcoming ventures
On November 26, 2021, Fuud's CEO Peter Blom presented the company and its upcoming investments in the Beijing8 brand and the launch of the Legendz brand at Aktieportföljen Live. See the presentation via this link. The presentation is in Swedish.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Blom, CEO Fuud AB
Tel: +46 706 555 698
About the Fuud Group
With the vision of being the Nordic market leader in 2025, Fuud brings together a number of exciting Swedish brands within Functional Foods under one roof, in order to jointly challenge the existing players in one of the food industry's fastest growing categories.
Fuud is growing through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions with a strong focus on high-quality content, exciting innovations and attractive design. Fuud's goal is to offer new and better alternatives than those already on the market, and at the same time contribute to both better health and increased quality of life for the Nordic population.
With a naturally built-in forward-thinking spirit, a strong and motivated sales force and a number of experienced key players in management and the board, Fuud has created a balance between muscle, drive and experience. The Fuud Group currently has the following brands: iQ Fuel, Homie, Beijing8, Juica, Juice Culture, Bacoccoli, Frill, Nathalie’s, Barfly, Bezzt of Nature and Legendz.
The company is based in Stockholm and is listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market, short name Fuud. FNCA Sweden AB is the company's Certified Adviser. Tel. +46 (0) 8 528 00 399, email email@example.com.